I love pork and I am always trying to think of new ways to make it. Tonight we enjoyed pork chops stuffed with a lightly creamed spinach and sun dried tomato mixture, garlic rosemary mashed potatoes and roasted garlic asparagus. This is a gourmet dinner you can put together in about 45 minutes. The recipe below serves three.
Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 8 ounce jar of drained, Julienne sun dried tomatoes (reserve olive oil in a small bowl)
- 1/4 cup of quattro formaggio (a four cheese Italian blend you can buy almost anywhere now)
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 3 1 to 1 1/2 " boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
In a small sauce pan heat heavy cream on medium heat. Once you see a slight boil add cheese, minced garlic cloves, and half of the sun-dried tomatoes. Once these ingredients are blended together, remove from heat.
Take mixture and stuff each pork chop evenly (about 2 to 3 tablespoons). Reserve the additional spinach for garnish or additional side dish.
Heat large sauce pan with oil you reserved from sun dried tomatoes (this is a great way to add flavor). Take each pork chop and gingerly place in heated pan. Brown one side for about 3 minutes and then very carefully turn to other side. Add wine and let reduce for three minutes. Place in oven @ 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. When you cut inside it should be slightly pink--do not over cook.
Garlic Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
- 5 medium to large size red potatoes
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream (or you can use low-fat or non-fat milk)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (again I use Smart Balance Light Butter Spread)
- 1/4 cup of quattro formaggio
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped rosemary
* If you want to get your potatoes softer faster, place in the microwave for about 5 to 7 minutes before hand, wrapped in a clean dish towel--this will get them a little softer before adding them to the boiling water.
Roasted Asparagus with Garlic
- One bunch of fresh asparagus, rinsed and pat dry
- One baking sheet, covered with foil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic