Fire up the grill, summer is here! This is a simple and delicious way to enjoy grilled shrimp tacos that are packed full of flavor. I serve these grilled citrus shrimp tacos with beans and my own twist on Rachel Ray's cheesy manchego rice. So when you are planning your next "Taco Tuesday," why not do it with some shrimp!
Ingredients for Grilled Citrus Shrimp
- 1 bag of large cooked shrimp (about 30 count)
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Ingredients for Chipotle Sauce
- 8 ounces of sour cream (you can use light, but I find non-fat has no flavor, so what's the point!)
- 3 chipotle chiles in (buy chipotle chiles in adobo sauce).
- 1/2 of lime juiced
Also, I noted that I serve Rachel Ray's "Cheesey Manchego Rice" with this. Manchego is a Spanish cheese that is slightly nutty. Below is a link to this recipe. I do a slight variation however to this recipe. Instead of flat leaf parsley I use fresh cilantro and I add 1/2 of the juice from a freshly squeezed lime. I think this way really knocks it out of the park!
The Cooking Guy. Chiptole Sauce. http://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=177
Ray, Rachel. Cheesy Manchego Rice. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/manchego-cheesy-rice-recipe/index.html