Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Recipe Review: Giada's Penne With Braised Short Ribs

I love meat and I love pasta!  So, when I saw this recipe on Giada's cooking show, I knew it would be a winner and oh my goodness, it is better than I could've imagined!

This recipe has you slow cook short ribs in your dutch oven in a red wine and beef broth sauce.  The meat literally falls off the bone, so shredding it for the pasta is a snich!  You simply skim the fat off the sauce and puree it in a blender, toss it the with the meat and penne and that's it!

My husband took seconds and asked if he could take the leftovers for lunch to work tomorrow.  So it is a crowd pleaser!   This dish is so flavorful with the richness of the red wine, tomatoes, onion and garlic!  The shredded beef sticks to the edges of the penne pasta and creates a wonderful texture.  This is a filling dish that is flavorful and is the total definition of comfort food!  It is sort of like a twist on your typical meat and potatoes, but this twist is one I am sticking with!

I highly recommend you give this easy recipe a try.  Most of the cooking takes place while you are doing others things, so there is no need to feel overwhelmed or think the meal is going to take you all day.  I always encourage people to take some time to make good meals, you don't have to be a gourmet cook to make something that you and your family are going to love. What makes meals great is the passion you put into them!  The more and more you do it, the easier, more fun and creative cooking gets!  Get in the kitchen and mangia!

P.S. Be sure to add some Parmesan cheese to this dish and I of course added some crush red pepper!  Amazing!!!!  Thanks, Giada!  Below is the link to here recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/penne-with-braised-short-ribs-recipe/index.html

2 comments:

  1. It is delicious!!!!! I told Jesse, that I had to make it for Dad, because he'd love, or you make soon, you'll get rave reviews :)

    ReplyDelete